to the 2015 Rigby Lake
Triathlon, Duathlon, and Aquabike
Things to know!
Thursday, July 9, 2015:
Packet pickup will be at Eastern Idaho Spine Center.
4 to 6 pm
3155 Channing Way, Suite A
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
(208) 535-4343 Facility Number
(208) 521-2243 PERSONAL BEST PERFORMANCE Number
- If you are having someone else pick up your race items please confirm with us before Wednesday, July 8, at noon by sending us an email.
- If you cannot make it, then you can pick up your race bag, bib number, and shirt on Friday.
- · Try and get some sleep, if you are anything like us the night before race day is not exactly restful.
Friday, July 10, 2012:
Packet pickup will be at Performance Therapy.
11 am to 1 pm
3125 Valencia Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
(208) 529-3332 Facility Number
(208) 521-2243 PERSONAL BEST PERFORMANCE Number
If you are having someone else pick up your race items please confirm with us before Wednesday, July 8, at noon by sending us an email.
If you cannot make it, then you can pick up your race bag, bib number, and shirt that evening at the race meeting.
The Transition Area will open at 5:30 pm for set up and close at 7:30 pm. Set up will be available again Saturday morning beginning at 6 am.
We will have security at the transition area all night.
The race meeting for all participants will be held at the transition area at Rigby Lake and will begin at 6:30 pm and is approximately 30 minutes.
Packets will be available following the meeting until approximately 7:30 pm. While this meeting is not mandatory, it is HIGHLY recommended.
Saturday, July 11, Race Day
6:00 AM - Transition area opens. From this point on if you want to get in the transition area you need to have a race number. No race number, no getting in the transition area. You will also not be allowed to exit the transition area with gear unless your race number matches that of your bike/gear. 6:00 AM to 7:12 AM - Transition area opens and closes, regardless of whether you are competing in the Sprint or Olympic distance you must have your transition area set up and be OUT of the area by 7:20. It is not safe for our Olympic athletes to have Sprint athletes still setting up their transition area when they are coming through during the transition area, thank you.
7:10 AM – National Anthem
7:15 AM - Olympic distance triathletes (including teams) and all Aquabike athletes start meeting
7:30 AM - Race start for Olympic distance triathletes (including teams) and all Aquabike athletes.
8:10 AM - Sprint distance triathletes (including teams) and all Duathletes start meeting.
8:20 AM – Meeting for ALL participants under the age of 18. This meeting is MANDATORY and failure to attend this meeting will be the forfeiture of the junior participants privilege to participate.
8:30 AM - Race start for Sprint distance athletes and ALL sprint distance teams.
10:00 AM - Post-race celebration starts and will continue until all athletes finish, yup every single one.
11:00 AM - BBQ and award ceremonies start. You are going to want to stick around for this! We give out the tons of raffle prizes (your race number is your raffle entry, there is no additional cost) and will have medals for overall winners, and for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age group in each division, a special medal for the fastest swim, bike, and run split for each distance for male and female as well as our honored Torchbearer Award.
We will again provide our great BBQ during the post-race activities.
All registered participants can enjoy the BBQ for free.
We also offer the opportunity for friends and family to enjoy the BBQ.
Cost for those 12 and older is $3 and $2 for those under 12.
To assure that we have plenty for everyone (we fed over 500 last year) we ask that you make arrangements for your family and friends as soon as possible.
We will have jump inflatables for our younger guests. These activities will open to event guests at 9 and we will have volunteers to assist the children from 9 to noon.
These will be set up on the grassy area close to the BBQ and Awards Ceremony area.
For those who may want to rent a wetsuit and/or bike, we would encourage you to go to our sponsor Bill’s Bike and Run.
They are located in Snake River Landing in Idaho Falls. The phone number is: 522-3341
We encourage EVERYONE to follow the USAT directive to:
“All participants have the responsibility to review the swim, bike, and run courses before the race. They should walk, ride, of drive each course and become familiar with all the elements, i.e., turns, road conditions, number and location of aid stations, before starting the race.”.
Regular Registration Ending
If you know of others that want to race at Rigby this year but have not yet registered, they can go to the online registration page It's Your Race or they can call us at 208 521-2243.
We will take late registrations, however there is a late fee and we cannot guarantee the participant a shirt in the size requested.
Newbies: Someone who is new to the sports of Triathlon, Duathlon, and/or Aquabike
We love being the host to largest number of new multisport athletes in the region.
We have a special volunteer staff that has the specific assignment to assist our first timers and we have free clinics prior to the race to assist those new to the sport.
For the next few weeks we will continue to offer free clinics to help in your preparation for race day.
Please follow us on facebook to be notified of upcoming clinics.
USAT Sanctioned Event
We are excited that USA Triathlon has sanctioned our:
and Aquabike races
Timing penalties will only be assessed if your race would qualify you for Nationals.
Event Premier Sponsors
These two great community facilities have come together to assist in the growth of our event. Not only are they Premier Sponsors but both of them will have multiple participants at the event.
We would like to introduce you to the principle owners of these facilities who will be right alongside of you on the 11th!
Stephanie Liddle Sarah Vlach
We encourage you to visit their websites and visit their facebook pages.
If you need such services as they provide we HIGHLY recommend each of them!!
We are pleased to again have the timing services of I Run Idaho – I Run Utah.
Greg and his team will return to provide state of the art timing services. You will love their:
- Timing Kiosks
- Live Internet updates of timing results
- Immediate printout of race splits
- and we are again having them bring their jumbotron screen!
Speaking of facebook, we would like to have you follow us there. We post daily and it is a great way to stay up with details and meet some need friends.
10 Years of Multisport at Rigby
We are very excited for this year’s event and the celebration of our 10th year.
Many of you have been racing with us for years and we would like make a special acknowledgement of those who will racing this year and it is your 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th year as a participant. Please reply and let us know if you are of one of this groups.
We have made an effort to be pretty thorough, however if you have any questions please email us at Events@PB-Performance.com or for time sensitive issues you can call Joy, Michael, or I at 208-521-2243.
- The Sprint distance triathlon is 700 to 750 yard swim (depending on the lake), 12.4 mile bike ride, and a 3.1 mile run
- The Olympic distance triathlon is 1400 to 1500 yards (depending on the lake), 24 mile bike ride, and a 6.2 mile run
- There will be a sprint distance duathlon available starting with the sprint triathletes at 8:30.
- The distances will be a 3.1 mile run, 12.4 mile bike ride, followed by a 3.1 mile run.
- The run bike run will follow the exact same run and bike course as the sprint distance triathletes.
- This year we are offering an aquabike event for the first time. It will start at 7:30 with the Olympic distance Triathletes and Duathles.
- The distance is a 1 mile swim and a 24 mile bike. This evennt will follow the same courses as the Olympic Triathlon
- Local Search and Rescue Dive Team will be providing water support
- Sprint & Olympic Distances, Individual & Relay
- Awards for Overall, Age Group, Relay divisions
- Post-race BBQ and great schwag raffle
- Chip timed
- Sweet finisher medals
- Top quality shirts
- Expo area
- This will be a very fast and mostly flat course that will be sure to become (or already has become) one of your all-time favorites!
- Please see our FAQ list for more information on the event!
For immediate assistance or information please contact Personal Best Performance at (208) 521-2243 or by email at Events@PB-Performance.com
- Multisport Weekend Home
- Other Events
- Rules and Regulations
- Schedule of Events
- The Great Snake Triathlon - Duathlon, 08/01/2015
- Kids Tri Harder, 08/08/2015
- Run in the Spirit, 08/15/2015
- Super Sprint Triathlon Challenge, 09/12/2015
- RUN FOR THE CURE, 10/03/2015
- Race to Feed the Hungry, 11/27/2014
- Christmas Gift 5K, 12/06/2014
- Resolution Run, 12/31/2015
- Anywhere - Anytime Run, 02/20/2016
- PBP Health and Fitness Run, 03/20/2016
- Multisport Weekend at Rigby Lake, 07/11/2015
Personal Best Performance
Click here to download a Multi-Event Registration Form
First Multisport Event
Check here for helpful hints